How To Style; Denim Jacket

By Kate - 17:02:00



I feel like a denim jacket is essential for summer, it's perfect to pair with a dress, white jeans or black shorts. I love wearing a denim jacket as they're so easy to throw on and I know I would have to do a post dedicated to this gorgeous jacket from Boohoo!

The denim jacket is in a deep light blue shade which suits anything and isn't too light or too dark (if you get what I mean?)! What drew me towards this jacket was the distressed ripped look as well as the uneven dyed denim. The jacket has multiple ripped sections which I surprisingly really like, as I'm not normally a ripped denim kind of person however the rips in this jacket are something I really like. There is multiple rips on the front of the jacket all of different sizes and a rip on the back shoulder as well as on one arm.
The jacket has four pockets on the front, there are two normal open pockets on each side as well as two flap button pockets on the front two sides. Also on the inside there is two big square pockets on each side which are perfect to fit your phone in or purse if you don't have a bag which is what I tend to do.

I got my denim jacket in a size bigger than usual as I wanted it to be slightly oversized and not tight so getting a size up than usual is a good tip if you don't want your jacket to be clingy or restricting.
This jacket was a bargain from Boohoo for only £25 but unfortunately is all sold out but Boohoo have so many gorgeous denim jackets on sale so I'd definitely check them out as I think a denim jacket is such a staple for this season!

So I paired the jacket with my white jeans which I got from Asos last year and I think a blue denim jacket works so well with white jeans. I love white jeans as they're perfect for the summer months as they're light however they are so easy to dress up or down. I styled this look really casual (as usual lol (but I'm planning a more dressy look which will come soon!)) as the denim jacket with the white jeans looks really casual and perfect for day to day.

Under my denim jacket I wore a super casual top which was my Baby Pink T-shirt from Pink and this is perfect for day to day wear and suits the white jeans and jacket. I love this top as it's so soft and comfy to wear and literally goes with anything!
I paired this whole look with my Vans Old Skool Trainers (read my post about them here) which I wasn't too happy with how they looked with the jeans as I found them a bit too bold however they suit the jacket and top so well.

Overall this outfit was super comfy and it's a look perfect for everyday wear that feels relaxed but I find the denim jacket is more of a staple in the outfit as it is ripped and the focus is on it. I would definitely recommend a denim jacket for this season as they're so perfect to wear with any outfit and you can never go wrong with a denim jacket!


How would you style a denim jacket?
Kate Xx

Follow my Bloglovin' here; Follow

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. I've been on the lookout for a denim jacket for ages now and this ones really pretty. You styled it so nicely. X

    Kate// itskaterose.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this denim jacket, and I love your style to! 😘💖
    Love Somachi xx
    http://lovesomachi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love how you've styled this jacket! I have a denim jacket sitting in my wardrobe that I haven't worn in ages because I'm not exactly sure what to wear it with - now you've given me some great inspiration though! You look fab!

    Abbey 🌵💫 www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denim jackets are my absolute fave! Especially the distressed oversized ones ahh, I love sewing patches onto mine too x

    Morgan // www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am currently on the hunt for an oversized denim jacket so this post was really helpful! Love how you've styled it too - comfy yet chic :)
    - www.roisinslatest.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! Useful style tips too!

    With love, Tanya x
    www.tantalks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great on you! I love the look!

    Britt | http://alternativelyspeaking.ca/

    ReplyDelete