Everyday Spring Makeup Look

By Kate - 17:00:00



I love spring makeup as I always tend to go for a neutral, glowy look and keep it natural compared to winter where I would go quite heavy as I was always wrapped up in a roll neck and scarf!
I've tried to keep this look really simple, although it doesn't look it with all the products I seem to use, and I've kept the eyes super simple with coverage perfect for everyday.

I'm starting with my Nivea Express Hydration Primer which also featured in my April Favourites. I love this as it keeps my makeup on for so much longer and gives my skin hydration and makes it feel awake under my makeup. I applied this with my fingers after my moisturiser.
I then apply my Freedom Pro HD Longwear Corrector Green on the red areas on m face which are mostly on my cheeks, This concealer has made such a big difference in my makeup and I would definitely recommend colour correcting if you have areas that need more coverage than your average concealer and not looking cakey. This isn't a necessity however with a light coverage base, it makes such a big difference.


For foundation, I'm using my Miss Sporty Foundation Stick which was also included in my April Favourites and I love using this foundation as it's perfect for everyday. I did a one layer all over my face and then built it up on my cheeks with another layer and blended it all in with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush.
I then took my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in 'Fair 01' which I've been loving recently, and I use this under my eyes by applying a triangle under each eye. I used my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to blend this in.

To set my base in place, I'm using my Technic Colour Correcting Powder which is my favourite loose powder. This gives coverage whilst keeping your makeup in place and not looking cake-y. I take this all over my face and then with a smaller brush packed it underneath my eyes for extra coverage.

Moving onto contouring (when I say 'contouring' it's basically just a bit of bronzer, nothing intense!), I'm taking my Seventeen Define and Conquer and I'm using the bronzer shade which I'm taking on my Ecotools Angled Blush Brush. I really lightly apply this underneath my cheekbones to give a little bit more definition and shape.
I then take the highlighting powder from the same palette and and apply this to areas on my face where I want to highlight, which is on my cheekbones, forehead, nose and under my eyes. I love using this powder as it gives subtle highlighting as it's only a matte powder but I do notice a difference when using it.


To bronze up my face I'm taking my trusty Rimmel Match Perfection Bronzer which you can see I've hit pan on this quite badly however it's my all time fave bronzer as it gives a natural bronze and suits my skin tone so well. I take this on my big blush brush and swirl it around my cheeks, jaw and top of my forehead.

And for highlighter I'm using my E.L.F Illuminating Palette and I'm using the shade which is on the top right corner in the palette and is a light pearly shade. I love this palette as all the shades are gorgeous and are all quite subtle so are perfect for everyday use. Also E.L.F is coming to Superdrug and it actually comes available online tomorrow so I'm very excited for that as I love E.L.F.


For blush, I'm just taking my Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in 'Paaarty' which I apply really lightly on my cheeks for some colour and glow. This has to be my favourite blush as I love the pinky nude shade and it's suited for everyday as it's subtle and natural, this was also included in my Must Have Spring Blushes.

Moving onto eye, for eyeshadow I'm using these two shade from Natural Collection Duo Eyeshadow in 'Mink/Sable' and I'm taking the purple toned shade in my crease and blended it out in my outer v and I then took the highlight shade in the inner section of my eye. This eyeshadow is super simple and looks so natural but also does give definition to your eye.

And of course after curling my lashes, I'm taking my Maybelline Lash Sensation Mascara on my top and bottom lashes. I will forever love this and although I hate my eyelashes, this does give them volume and length and makes them look 100x better!


For my brows I'm keeping it simple and just using my L'Oreal Brow Artist Plumper in Light/Medium which gives my brows some volume and colour and also keeps them in place all day long. I love using this as it makes my brows suitable for everyday and is so much quicker than using powder on my brows.

To finish of this look, I'm taking my Rimmel Color Sensational Nudes Lipstick in 'Pink Fling' which is a gorgeous pink shade with a slight mauvy undertone. I love this lipstick as it's so smooth and feels super balmy on the lips. I did apply this quite lightly as applying it heavily is quite pink which doesn't suit me that well and can be a bit too much for everyday.


I love this look and is what I reach for if I need a simple look for everyday use, it makes me look presentable and looks like I've actually made an effort but this look is super quick. It takes me around 10 minutes to do and lasts all day long also it's perfect for this season as with a glowy base and natural eyes and pink lips, it looks bright and awake.

What's your everyday makeup look like?
Kate Xx

Follow my Bloglovin' here; Follow

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. You look stunning, this makeup look really suits you xx
    Liv// livslack.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. These products are gorgeous for a light, Springtime look x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty look Kate and I especially love the look of the lipstick! I really want to try that powder too. X

    Kate// itskaterose.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! And you included some of my fave products yas x


    Morgan // www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great!
    The e.l.f palette is gorgeous.

    (I love your photography by the way)

    Louisa | Loubee Lou Blogs

    ReplyDelete
  6. The look is so light and fresh - perfect for spring!!!

    Britt | http://alternativelyspeaking.ca/

    ReplyDelete