First Impressions Of Blogger Recommendations

By Kate - 17:04:00


I thought of this post idea when I kept on reading blog posts and adding more and more products to my shopping list so I thought I'd buy some products that I liked the sound of in others posts and try them out myself. I was unsure how to lay this out but I've where I've said where I saw the product recommend, I have linked the post so you can all read them for a much better review than mine!! I also really wanted to try out the Primer Water from Primark however knowing my luck it wasn't there so if you'd like to see a separate post of me testing that out then let me know! And as my shopping trip was so unsuccessful, I might make this into a mini series so I can try some more products!
And yes, I've use this post as an excuse to buy more unnecessary products...

♡  Natural Collection Highlighter Stick 'Rose Glow'- £2.49
♡  Recommend by - Zara Mcintosh
I've been meaning to buy one of these highlighting sticks for a while now as I can never say no to a highlighter and for £2.49 it seems like an absolute bargain. Unfortunately the shade Zara had (the Copper shade) wasn't in store or online so I picked up the Rose Glow shade to test out and I haven't been disappointed. I swatched it before applying it and I knew this was a winner as it felt so creamy and had the perfect formula.
The only other highlighter stick I've used before is the Collection Speedy Highlight and I much prefer this and the Collection highlight seems which chalky compared to this and I find the creamy formula of the Natural Collection one makes it apply easier and have more pigment. And speaking about pigment, this is so surprisingly pigmented!! I wore it the other day and I noticed it more than I do when I wear my Mary Lou which says something because that highlighter is so pigmented!!
I'd say the shade is more pearly to rose although it doesn't look it in the product, when worn it looks more like a pigmented pearly sheen which I love. Compared to my other highlighters it's quite glittery but when applied it just looks super glowy and stunning on. I'm so happy I tried this as I know it will definitely be one of my most used highlighters and especially for the price as well! 

♡  Makeup Revolution Ultra Bronze Bronzer - £3
♡  Recommend by - Grace from GracexKate
I can never say no to a new bronzer, it's my far one of my favourite beauty products and since I bought this one I've been absolutely loving it! I've seen Grace use this in a couple of her posts and always loved the look of it and it's lived up to my expectations! It's the perfect shade for me, and I've been loving it so much as a bronzer and has been my go-to bronzer at the moment. I find this bronzer super blendable and is the perfect shade for me as it's not orange toned whatsoever so gives a natural bronze that's perfect for all year round.
I also love the packaging of this as it's slim so would be perfect for travelling or when you're on the go as it could slide in anywhere. And £3 for a big pan of bronzer is such good value for money and this will definitely be something I repurchase when I run out!

Makeup Obsession Eyeshadows's - £2 each
♡  Recommend by - Lily from Covet Luxe
The shade Lily used of course weren't in store or I couldn't find it as there was so many however I picked up these two Makeup Obsession Eyeshadows which are so good and now I want to buy a palette to fill because I've been loving using these! I got the shades 'Paris' and 'Burnt' which are both gorgeous shades. Paris is a dark brown and Burnt is a light red shade with a slight peachy under tone to it, Paris has to be my favourite as it's so easy to wear. The formula of these shadows are super smooth and are so blendable, I couldn't believe they're only £2 for quite a big pan as they're such good quality. Paris does have a little bit more kickback but I love the shade of it so much that I can't really complain. Currently the shade Paris has been my go-to shade as it's perfect to wear on it one worked into the crease to open up my eye or perfect to smoke into eye looks, especially for this season. And I'd definitely recommend these as I love the formula and there is such a big shade range.

So apologies for the little amount of products I tried however hopefully I'll be back again soon with another post like this so if you have any (affordable for my cheap ass) products you've mentioned in posts then let me know!!
Have you ever bought something that bloggers recommend?
Kate Xx

Follow my Bloglovin' here; Follow

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. That bronzer looks amazing! & I'm so happy you like the eyeshadows, I really love one of their highlighters and it is now one of my aims to fill a palette with their stuff haha x

    Lily | Covet Luxe

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bronzer looks very cool, love the emboss! What a great idea for a post x

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a good post idea! I love the sound of that bronzer, you get so much product! X

    Kate// itskaterose.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post Kate! Very original x

    mee xo
    itsmeexx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete