Valentines Makeup Look

By Kate - 17:18:00

 
As Valentines is around the corner, I thought it would be the perfect excuse to do a makeup look on my blog! Whether you want to look good for your partner or just want to impress your box of chocolates then I got you covered.

I tried to make this look quite natural whilst having some glam aspects! So I hope you all enjoy!


Face

First off I started by priming my face by mixing my Miss Sporty Insta Glow Primer and Seventeen Skin Wow Highlighter which gives a dewy, healthy look to my skin. And I just moisturised this in with my fingers.

For foundation I'm using the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum in shade '52 Vanille'. I used a flat foundation brush for this and then made sure it was fully blended in with my buffing brush. This gives a really healthy look whilst still giving a good amount of coverage.

I then moved onto under-eye concealer for which I use my Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer in 'light' and drew triangles under my eyes. I also put a bit of my New Look Pure Colour Liquid Concealer in 'Light Beige' over these triangles to highlight a little bit more.
I also took my Maybelline concealer to highlight my nose, forehead, chin and cupids bow. I blended this all in with my pointed foundation brush and expert face brush.

To add some extra coverage to a couple of small spots and redder areas, I took my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in shade '2 Cool Medium' which is a tad dark for me but I blended it out with my concealer brush and buffing brush.

To set this all in place I took my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in '001 Translucent' lightly all over my face which gave the perfect finish to my skin. I used my blush brush to do this as I use it for powder.


Bronzer, Highlight & Blush

I then took my Seventeen Define and Conquer in 'Light/Medium' (which for some reason I couldn't find online?) and used the highlight shade under my eyes, forehead, cheekbones and chin. I love using this as it highlights these areas whilst looking so natural and healthy. I used my smaller blush blush to do this as well.
I then took the contour shade from the same palette on my contour brush and sculpted out the hollows of my cheeks lightly and made sure it was fully blended out.

To bronze up my face I used the bronzer from the BarryM Get Up & Glow Palette and bronzed up my cheekbones, below my jawline and on the upper part of my forehead. I did this by using my blush brush very light handed.

To highlight my cheekbones, I used my all time favourite which is of course The Balm Mary Lou Highlighter. I took my setting brush and blended this out on my cheekbones and cupids bow which gives the prettiest glow.

I also wanted to use a little bit of blush so I took my Sleek Blush By 3 in 'Lace' and I used the shade 'Guipure' which is a pretty light dusty pink. I used my blush brush and blended it on the apples of my cheeks and just blended a little bit upwards towards my temples. I did this really lightly as I wanted to make it look very natural.



Eyes

Moving onto eyes, I started with my eyebrows where I used my Freedom Pro Eyebrow Kit in 'Light-Medium'  using the top right shade on my angled eyeliner as it's the perfect shape and size for my brows. I drew the shape of my brows and then blended it in which gives a super natural look and is buildable depending on how you want your brows.

Going onto eye shadow, I started with my Morphe 35T and used a transition shade (number 1) through the whole way of my crease. To build depth in my crease I took another matte shade (number 2) and blended this down into my outer v. As this is a dark purple shade I only used a tiny bit and made sure it was completely blended out.

For my main lid colour, I wanted a pinky colour for the valentines theme so I took my Maybelline Color Tattoo in 'Pink Gold'. I packed this on with my fingertip but then just took a flat eye shadow brush to blend it out.
To blend out the edges, I went back in with my Morphe palette and took the pink shade (number 3) on the upper section of my lid blending into my crease.

For my lower lash line, I took the pinky shade (number 3) from the Morphe Palette and use my flat eyeliner brush to do so and blended it out with a fluffy eyeshadow brush. I love this shade and it looks so pretty on the lash line.

I then went back in with The Balm Mary Lou Highlighter and highlighted the very inner corner of my eye and my brow bone with my fan brush.

To finish off my eye I took my Maybelline Lash Sensation Mascara and coated my top and bottom lashes in this which gives so much volume and length.



Lips

Finally, onto one of my favourite parts, lips! I had a big decision deciding on a product but I went with my Model Co Illusion Lip Liner and my Maybelline Color Sensation Lipstick in 'Pink Fling 207' which is such a pretty pinky nude shade.
The lips look quite natural which really compliments the eye look and goes with the look very well.


   

I hope you have all enjoyed this look!
Have you planned any makeup looks for this valentines?
Kate Xx

Follow my Bloglovin' here; Follow

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments