My Favourite Places in the French City, Nice

By Kate - 10:00:00


As some of you may know I recently went on holiday with my family to Nice which is a city in France. I've been to Nice many times before so when we go we have a very relaxed holiday of doing not a lot and mainly consists of lying at the beach. However I really wanted to do a Travel styled post as I don't often have many excuses to do one considering I don't travel that often per year.
I thought I'd share my favourite places around the city with lots of photos which will either give you travel inspiration or to just be nosy at my holiday snaps!

Villefranche Beach;
I love going to the beach on holiday and this beach has always been one of our families favourite that we always head back to. It's a public beach with one private beach area and the whole beach is always packed with people admiring the glistening sea and it's one of my favourite views. There is restaurants along the side of the sea and then the beach which looks out to the sea which is so relaxing to swim in! The only downside is that it's super busy in the summer so I did also go to this small beach however I don't know the name of that one!!

Old Town;
The old town in Nice (also known as Vieux Nice) is a top tourist place as the small cobbled streets are full of people morning to night. It's right next to the promenade which makes it a prime location and it's full to the brim of bars, restaurants, gift shops and even a Cathedral, so there is something for everyone! And you can often find some street entertainment around which is always pretty cool!
Promenade Des Anglais;
The promenade that stretches for miles is busy all day and night, with the pebbled beach running across the whole prom and bars and restaurants that have fabulous night life. The prom is also right in front of the Old Town which makes it the perfect location and I love strolling down the prom in the night whilst picking up an ice cream on the way!|

Avenue Jean MΓ©decin;

Obviously you need the shops on holiday so if you're in Nice this is the place to be. From Zara, H&M, Galeries Lafayette and of course Sephora. Not only is the street a dream to walk down with the beautiful architecture and a tram line so it's extremely easy to get to. The shops are all modern and there's something for everyone. I'd recommend looking in Galeries Lafayette, it's a huge and extremely posh department store and of course there's a big Sephora which I actually resisted from but then ended up spending my money in Zara as the Zara there is incredible!

Fenocchio's Ice Cream;

Everyone has their favourite ice cream parlour on holiday, Fenocchio's is one of the best for sure! With three fenocchio's (that I know of!!) in Nice which are all local to the centre of the city, it's such a popular place and is definitely is where you need to go if you're in Nice. I love ice cream and this place is my top fave ever! They have such a big range of flavours from sorbet to rice pudding ice cream (ew) but my favourites have to be the Lotus, Caramel, Cookies and Kinder flavours and my sister raves about the white chocolate flavour although I refuse to try it as I hate white chocolate!
Pizza Pili;
This pizza takeaway shop has been my families favourite place ever since we found it a couple of years ago. The pizzas are absolutely incredible and I can't even compare them to any pizzas that are sold in England as they're on a complete new level! It's €7 for all pizzas which is such good value considering there is so many toppings and the pizzas are amazing quality. My personal favourite is the Tuna Pizza which comes with a tasty pesto like topping which literally tastes amazing and the ham and mushroom one is also super yummy. If you're a big pizza lover like me then this is 100% the place to go and it's super close to the beach so it makes the perfect place to go sit and eat!


Have you ever been to Nice or any other city in France?
Kate Xx
Follow my Bloglovin' here; Follow

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. I've never been to France, and it looks amazing! The photos are beautiful! Looks like you had a fabulous time!

    Hannah-Mae x
    www.hannahmae27.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love nice! It's is such a pretty city! It's always where I go take the ferry to Corsica! Old Town is just so gorgeous and the building are so colorful! xx corinne

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing! Your photography does it so much justice! I love the look of the pizza and it is so affordable for the price, I also love the look of the ice cream x

    Kayleigh Zara 🌿www.kayleighzaraa.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not going to lie, the good looks amazing. I'd love one of those ice creams right about now 😍 Also, I absolutely am in love with those flowers. Looks like you had an amazing time. Great advice post!! I know where to come to if I ever visit hereπŸ˜„πŸ˜˜✨ x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh what an incredible holiday you've had and I absolutely love your photos! I've always wanted to visit nice so I'll have to bookmark this and come back to it for ideas if I ever book a holiday!
    PaleGirlRambling xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks so beautiful here!! I love all your pictures and that pizza looks beyond delicious! I'm definitely adding this to my travel bucketlist!
    Robyn // http://www.midnightandlace.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colour of that water!! It looks amazing. I've never been to Nice but I've alwayd wanted to visit and I'm taking notes from your post for when I eventually go. I mean Sephora?! Yes please xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These pictures are absolutely beautiful! That beach looks so peaceful and clear, It's defiantly has to be on my bucket list. I hope you had an amazing time lovely. Xo

    Elle - https://ellegracedeveson.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never actually had a chance to visit Niece but my French teacher was from there. She was in love with her city and all the stories gave me the sense of huge wanderlust.

    ReplyDelete